Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What's In Your Bucket...

So I did the What's In Your Bucket? Big Picture Scrapbooking class by Aby Garvey. As I said yesterday (please read post below) I very rarely end up doing a class "like you're supposed to". Instead I get inspired and end up doing my own thing. This is how I like it.

So this class was all about the things you have to do on a day to day basis. And how to create more time for things you love...like scrapping. If you're a busy mum with several kids, lots of activities etc, I would really recommend this class to you.

...anyway, now I'm going off track here a bit! LOL! So I was doing my own thing. And I was trying to put into words why or how I can get more scrapping done. I sat down with a pen and paper and started to scribble. Soon I had 6 reasons which I changed a bit until I was happy with my plans.

... and "The Rules For Getting More Scrapping Done" had emerged. Once I had my 6 "rules" written down, I started to think about the format. I was tempted to go for something small and round, but then I remembered the drink coasters (beermats) that I had in my drawer and decided that they would be a good size for my little book.


I used lots of Chatterbox papers, yellow and white ric rac, a little chain and some black chalk ink. And my printer of course! The back is done using Catslife stamps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Anso! I've been saving those coasters from restaurants but haven't done anything with them yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love your interpretation of the class! Thanks so much for sending me the link. And such a fun idea for the coasters. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Anso - it's so jammed packed with ideas.

Toni-Ann said...

fabbo book - great idea to use coasters (must ask hubby to get me some from pub). For you cover title did you stamp this or did you print it?