Monday, August 18, 2008

Let's Talk Books...

Bleugh! I'm not feeling too great today. Thick-feeling and itchy nose and throat, headache and on top of that an achy back too (not sure what's caused that). Not exactly the best way to start a new week. But I *just* received something in the post that cheered me up, so ---> let's talk books. Scrapping books :)

This is what just arrived with the parcel guy:

[Cathy Zielske - Clean & Simple The Sequel]

I can't wait to have a read of it. I've been tempted to get it for a long, long time now. I have never bought anything by Cathy before...so it will be interesting to see what it's like :)

Anyway, scrapping books...I don't have too many. Maybe because I'm pretty good with knowing what I do and don't like when it comes to scrapping styles, so I don't really buy loads of books...instead I just get a few selected ones which I know I'm very likely to enjoy.

I'd love for you to take a little moment (if you have time - please) to post a comment and share with me: which are your favourite scrapping book(s)? Maybe one particular book surprised you? Or maybe you bought a book, expecting to like it, only to be disappointed? Which book can't you wait to get your hands on? Please share - I'd love to hear - thank you :)

I think I have two favourite books and they have been my favourites for a while now. In no particular order, I love:

[Ali Edwards - Life Artist]

[Elsie Flannigan - 52 Scrapbooking Challenges]

...they are both books that I come back to time and time again for inspiration and ideas.

And finally I'd like to share with you which book is on my "wants list" next, a brand new book that is out this month:

[Ali Edwards - Sharing Your Story]

3 comments:

grungedandy said...

Hello I’m *G* and I’m a book-aholic LoL
I have both Cathy’s books as well as all Ali’s books (am on the waiting list for the new one) and also I have Elsie‘s 52 (and I want to get the recipe books she’s done too.) And I love them all hard to pick a fav.
I am probably the opposite of you in that I love books and will happily spend good money on them and will keep the good ones & read over & over to give me inspirations! The bad I have given to charity shops or let other people have them or in some cases even returned to Amazon explaining they really were not what I was expecting & they refund you (I only do this if it really is bad!)
I’ve got a list of about 20 books that I go back to and certain people that I will just buy from with out even thinking about it as so far they’re books are great
Anything by Ali Edwards, Cathy Zielske, Tim Holts, Donna Downey, or the publisher Autumn Leaves.
There are other people but so far they’ve only done one book so can’t say I would buy anything by them but I would defiantly give them a try.
Enjoy the book I loved the style I’m no good at it but I loved it. LoL another one I found really helpful was Ali’s one about designing with patterns I always love patterned paper but never knew what to do with it, that book was a real turning point for me! Seeya hugya *G*

Kerry said...

I have the 52 Challenges book by Elsie too and it is fab.

One I was really disappointed by was the We Dare You book. Everybody seemed to be raving about Kristina Contes and personally I found her work did nothing to inspire me at all.

Karen said...

Oh, oh, oh! I'm so excited to see this sequel! The first one is totally what I as reading when I discovered digital scrapbooking. It's what got me hooked!

I just got a couple new books but my favorite of the batch was We Dare You, scrapbook challenges about real life by Memory Makers. Good stuff and neat layouts.