Saturday, August 23, 2008

Storage... Part 3...

I've been continuing my little storage mission. This time not getting something new, but rather re-using something old...

I have had these IKEA drawers for...it must be a good 5 years or so now. When I originally got them I slapped a little bit of paint on the front of the drawers. I decided that I didn't like it. But, yes you guessed it, they stayed like that. For a long time LOL!

I know, I know - it looks like something that belongs in a child's room! Told you I didn't like it!

I've been playing with the thought of putting paper on the front of the drawers for a good year now. But it's just never happened. Until I saw this yummy Heather Bailey paper that I just knew would make me smile every day.


I spent a whole day painting the drawer unit white on Thursday (of course having to wait for it to dry before I could turn it onto another side and pint more etc) and then attached the papers onto the front. It turned out better than I dared hoping. And it's so nice to look at something and smile, rather than being "filled with dread" over some painted drawers that you never really liked in the first place LOL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! I did that with my Ikea unit last year using Scenic Route papers :) Mine is the one with 3 big drawers though.

Did your 12x12 paper holders ever arrive by the way?

Anonymous said...

Great ideas with the storage solutions - love the boxes for your stamps and thickers - much better.... and the paper on the ikea drawers is gorgeous... got me tempted to have a go with a set I have sitting full of rubbish.....

Kathy said...

wow they look great!

Joselle said...

wow - that turned out great!

Lilaclady said...

wow, your drawers look awesome and I can see why they make you smile everytime you look at them! :)