Friday, October 31, 2008

My Little Christmas Project...

...well actually it's not that little...or at least it's pretty time consuming. You spend a few hours and...well, it doesn't look like you have spent a few hours if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm doing this round little Christmas rug that you have under the tree. I don't even know if this is something you have in England (?) in general (I have never spent a Christmas here) but it's something I have grown up with and when I spotted a kit for one last December I couldn't resist. The design kinda "fades out" on the sides and the "back"(as what would be around the back of the tree) of the rug is just completely plain...and of course you'd have your tree in the middle of the rug and not to the side like it's shown in the picture. This is a photo of the outside of the packaging:

I bought it at the end of December last year and it only arrived one of the first days in January. I did sew a little then. Just some of the little sequins that are spread amongst the larger items. Then I kinda forgot about it. And I only "discovered" my kit this week again...

I've been working on it for hours and hours this week and really enjoyed it. Sewing and listening to a Harry Potter audio book on my iPod. Really cosy! I have nearly finished the gingerbread house (which is at the "front" and the biggest feature on the rug) ...

I just have a little bit left on the snow at the bottom of the house. The white "candies" need some red on them too. I hope to continue working on that today if I get the chance.

Hope you're all having a great Friday :)

4 comments:

Kel said...

Well it looks like hours of work to me! Stunning! And great that you found it now instead of the week before Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I have loved reading your blog for over a year! Everything you do is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing with us. And this is no exception! I can see how it took hours, but the final product is beautiful! You'll have the prettiest Christmas tree skirt around. :)
-Charys

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous piece of work - will be lovely under the tree this Xmas!

Max said...

We do have them here in the UK ... we call them 'tree skirts' and I have one but it is shop bought and nowhere near as pretty as yours.
Hope you manage to get it finished in time to prettify your tree this year.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx