Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Playing With Brushes...

The second day of the class...and time to play with brushes... I totally love brushes and the effects you can get with them. The best thing for me is to use smaller brushes to build up your own frames. :)

Again the subject is something that I'm already familiar with. I'm not an expert at all, and I would love to learn a lot more about it, but I know the basics for it at least. Rather than using the brush set that Jessica Sprague supplied for the class, I used some brushes that I downloaded a long time ago.

I think it's a fine line between what looks nice and what looks "too much" when it comes to brushes. The photo above definitely have the "too much" look for me. I was going to re-do it, but then I thought it might be a good example of what doesn't really work. :)

The photos that I have used to play with brushes on were taken mid May this year in the Oxford/Cambridge area. The one above and below are taken at a National Trust place. The weather was perfect and we went for some nice long walks :)

Right I'm off as I have some Creative Team assignments to work on...

1 comment:

Chedder Fish said...

OOH Great work!