Monday, November 09, 2009

A Layout And Some More Questions...

I'll get straight to the questions I think. Oh and thanks for all the comments once again - love getting comments :)

Jo Sowerby - asked if I find Copics better than Promarkers? Right. Honestly? I have no idea as I have never owned or even held a Promarker LOL! From having done a LOT (and I do mean an awful lot!) of research on Copics before I bought some, I do know that most people prefer Copics to Promakers. But that's all I can really say, as I said, I have not tried them myself.

Melissa - was asking what border punches that I used for this journal. They are all by Martha Stewart. I have quite a few and unfortunately the names are not written on the punches (the packaging is thrown a long time ago). Having said that, this is not the first time I have been asked about the border punches so maybe I should take some time one day to sit down and try to work out the names of them and add a sticker to the bottom or something...

Lizzie - yes you are right about the closure on this journal and that you have to do the fiddly bit with threading the thread through the button each time. I did react to this too when I saw Karla making the journal. That it would be a bit fiddly to open and close. But I did think it looked very neat so I decided to go for it anyway. Also (since the button is quite big) I made quite big holes so it's not too fiddly to get the thread through :) That was the best I could do.

Before I go, here's a layout I have made with the November BYOC kits at the Lilypad:

[Supplies: Hoopla Alphas - Amy Martin, In Stitches - Cori Gammon , Plaid-Ingo - Emily Merritt , Autumn TidBits - Jenna Desai, Pick Of the Patch - Kate Hadfield, Ride 'Em Cowboy - Kate Hadfield , Hand-Drawn Frames - Designs By Lili, Art House Papers - Lauren Reid, Bark - Valerie Wibbens
Snip-Its - Valerie Wibbens (all from The Lilypad)]

4 comments:

Nadine said...

ohhh I love the arrangement of your
layout elements (:

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

What a cute page! I'm a classmate from Blogging for Scrapbookers.

Anonymous said...

fab LO love all the white space

Val from shimells class

Mary B said...

Oh that is superb love the fact that the page has so much 'white space' and photos and bits on each side. Must try that sometime soon