Monday, November 23, 2009

New Moon...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a great birthday on Friday and it ended perfectly by going to watch the premiere of New Moon. I've had a few questions on what I thought of the film, so....

In one sentence: I loved it!! When I saw the trailer, earlier in the year, I was a bit "worried" that the wolves didn't look like they were described in the book. As in, they did not look very big. However I was really pleased to see that in the film they did indeed appear much bigger than a normal wolf :)

The story was great. Of course. As we all know who love and have read the books. So there's not so much to comment on that bit. I think it was pretty close to the book story. But there were a few little details/parts where I found myself thinking "hey that's not in the book!"

One thing that I always find myself wondering about though (and the same goes for the Harry Potter films too, maybe even more so) - how much sense would the film make to someone who's not read the books? How many little bits do you not pick up on or get? But then again, I guess most people who would go and watch it are fans of the books anyway :)

Another thing that I keep thinking about though... You know how you read a book and picture the characters in your head and they look a certain way? Robert Pattinson just isn't Edward to me!! Don't get me wrong. He's a great actor and acts a very good Edward... he just looks all wrong to me :( Everyone raves about how great he is as Edwards so I must be the only person in the world who thinks this. LOL! Taylor Lautner on the other hand - great, great Jacob. Both the acting and the looks - perfect fit to my imagination :)

I definitely loved the film and I'll be there getting my copy when it's released on DVD :)

Right I'm off as I'm busy working on my Christmas journal. Putting together all the pages and making the covers from scratch. Quite a task.

5 comments:

Liberty :) said...

Swoon a roonie at Taylor Lautner.

My problem is Bella, both as a character and actress.

Edward would be better off without her and better with me.

However, Team Jacob all the way :D

Glad you had a great time! can't wait to see it!

surabhi said...

no u r not the only one who thinks abt Edward like dat.. i also imagined it very different...anyways thank for sharing it :)

Kerry said...

I just don't get all the Robert Pattinson hype. Taylor Lautner on the other hand I totally get but for a 30something woman to think like that it is so so wrong lol.

I found myself thinking the same as you about bits of the book and how they were different. After watching it and going through it in my head afterwards I can see why certain bits were missed out/changed and I think it all fit together very well.

Bring on 9th July and the Eclipse release.

Carly said...

I have to agree, the Edward in my head is very different as well, however Jacob - be still my heart :)

Marja said...

I totally agree with you about Edward! Robert is all wrong and is not that great an actor. I also can't stand the Bella actress. They were both a bit better in New Moon but in Twilight it was appalling. They seemed to be like robots with how choppy they spoke and it all just seemed so forced. Jacob/Taylor on the other hand is a perfect fit for me too! And something about him makes Bella more believable, they have chemistry and it seems more natural.

I can't wait for the next movie and I hope it gets better! Might have to read the book again though as I forget stuff pretty quickly!