Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fun Weekend...

My new camera arrived late on Friday afternoon and I have had a lot of fun playing with it, experimenting with taking different photos and reading the manual during the weekend.I'm sure it will take me a good few weeks before I can have a really good opinion on what exactly I think of it. But I'm really pleased to report that I can already say for sure that it's definitely loads better than the Fuji rubbish that I bought last year LOL! So that makes me smile :)

Remember on Friday when I told you about the big BYOC release at the Lilypad? And that Kate Hadfield had released the cutest snowman kit but uploaded it after I'd made my layout? And that I said I definitely had to get my hands on it and work with it soon?

[Supplies: A Little Glitz - Dawn Inskip, Punched Sentiments - Dawn Inskip , Froggy's Remnants - Gina Miller, Stuck Together Every Day - Karah Fredricks, Cookies For Santa - Kate Hadfield , Snow Day! - Kate Hadfield , Sunny Santa - Kate Hadfield, Green Jelly - Kaye Winiecki (all from the Lilypad)]

Well I did this morning and had lots of fun playing with it. The only thing is that I can not decide whether the black background is cool & different or really just too dark & depressing when it comes to a Christmas layout. I can't help thinking that it's too dull and maybe I should have gone for another colour... say green (!) instead...

3 comments:

Kate Hadfield said...

I really like the black background! It makes all the colours really stand out :)

Have fun with your new camera, I am rather envious...lol Looking forward to seeing some photos!

Liberty :) said...

what about a kraft coloured background? i did a black page in my JYC and felt depressed by it!lovely layout!

Gemma* said...

yay, i recently got the same camera, i love it so far but haven't had too much chance to play yet, happy snapping :D