Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainbow...

Why is it that when you try and take a photo of anything weather wise it never turns out as great on photos as it looks in reality...?

If you take a photo of the most amazing rainbow you have ever seen, it never turns out as big, bright and colourful on a photo as it did in real life. If you take a photo of a fantastic sunset or sunrise it never turns out as amazing on the photo. Even if you take a photo of fog (and yes I have done that!), it looks far less foggy in the photo. I guess there must be some proper scientific explanation for this, right? I don't know why, I just know that it annoys me LOL!

[Supplies: Happily Ever After - Kate Hadfield, Spring Splatter - Jenna Desai, Splatterific 15 - Karah Fredricks, Happy Day Pappers - Sabrina Dupre, Fabric Scrap Stitched Flowers - Sahlin Studio, Happy Stripey The Alpha - Sara Gleason, Happy Thoughts - Valerie Wibbens, Happy Thoughts Papers - Valerie Wibbens (all from The Lilypad)]

This layout, or rather the photos, is a great example. When we saw this rainbow it was one of the strongest and most colourful ones I have ever seen. And the camera came straight out :) Yet the photos do it no justice at all. Admittedly it's better than most rainbow photos (probably because it was so bright) but still nothing like reality...

Oh how I wish I could capture a rainbow with it's TRUE colours and brightness...! :)

No comments: